More than 250 volunteers share their time and talents with Lotusland throughout the year, leading tours of the garden, staffing the Garden Shop, maintaining the grounds, and assisting with special events and office tasks. Lotusland is always in need of enthusiastic volunteers, eager to assist in the operation of this world-class organization. Prospective volunteers will be interviewed. Volunteer options include:
- Docents lead tours of Lotusland and its various gardens for nine months of the year, interpreting the exotic plant collections for visitors and sharing the history of the garden. An extensive docent training program provides top-notch lectures, classes and training. The next docent training program will begin in Fall 2016.
- Garden Shop Associates welcome visitors to the gardens and answer their questions. Training is provided. The Garden Shop is open Wednesday through Saturday, from mid-February to mid-November.
- Garden Volunteers work with gardening staff to water, weed, rake, dig, plant, and perform other garden tasks. Weekdays only.
- Office Volunteers perform general office and clerical work. Weekdays only.
- Special Event Volunteers help staff with meetings and special events.
- Special Project Volunteers are often needed on short notice for help with large mailings and with special projects.
Interested in becoming a Lotusland Volunteer?
Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page
or write to:
Ganna Walska Lotusland
695 Ashley Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
805) 969-3767 ext. 112
Current Volunteers, log in here.