Docent Training Dates
January 16th – March 19th
Don’t miss out! Fill out the volunteer Application today.
More than 250 volunteers share their time and talents with Lotusland throughout the year, leading tours of the Garden, maintaining the grounds, and assisting with special projects and administrative tasks. Lotusland always needs enthusiastic volunteers, eager to assist in the operation of this world-class Garden.
Volunteers are needed in various areas
- Garden Guides welcome and support self-guiding visitors. Serving as the friendly faces of Lotusland, Garden Guides serve an important role to help visitors feel welcome and safe during their visits. While walking the gardens, they greet visitors, answer basic questions, and serve as eyes and ears to alert staff to issues. They help to ensure the safety of visitors and the plant collections. Garden Guides’ shifts generally last three hours. No prior knowledge is needed, only a willingness to learn.
- Docents lead small groups of guests through the Garden on a two hour walking tour. Docent-led tours include historical narratives about the Garden and its creators, botanical overviews of our themed plant collections and more. Apply now to be included in our next docent training classes.
- Garden Shop Associates welcome visitors to the Garden and answer their questions. The Garden Shop is open Wednesday through Saturday, from mid-February to mid-November.
- Garden Volunteers work with gardening staff to water, weed, rake, dig, plant, and perform other Garden tasks. Weekdays only.
- Office Volunteers perform general office and clerical work. Weekdays only.
- Special Event Volunteers help staff with meetings and special events.
- Special Project Volunteers are often needed on short notice for help with special projects of various kinds.
Interested in becoming a Lotusland volunteer? Please complete the form, or email email@example.com. After reviewing your application, you will be asked to interview in person with the volunteer coordinator.
Interested in becoming a Lotusland volunteer? Please complete the form, or email Volunteer Coordinator, Kitty Thomassin, at firstname.lastname@example.org. After reviewing your application, you will be asked to interview in person with the volunteer coordinator.