More than 250 volunteers share their time and talents with Lotusland throughout the year, leading tours of the garden, staffing the Garden Shop, maintaining the grounds, and assisting with special events and office tasks. Lotusland always needs enthusiastic volunteers, eager to assist in the operation of this world-class garden. Volunteers are needed in various areas:
- Docents lead tours of Lotusland for nine months of the year, welcoming visitors and leading them throughout the various gardens, while introducing them to the exotic plant collections and sharing the history of the garden. Our docent training program features eminent professors and educators lecturing on the various plants and gardens, and the rich history of Lotusland. An introductory meeting will be held on Monday, August 26. 2019. The next docent training program will begin on Monday, September 9, 2019. The training is held every Monday morning for 12 weeks with two-hour training sessions. If interested, please complete the volunteer application form at the bottom of this page.
- Garden Shop Associates welcome visitors to the gardens and answer their questions. Training is provided. The Garden Shop is open Wednesday through Saturday, from mid-February to mid-November.
- Garden Volunteers work with gardening staff to water, weed, rake, dig, plant, and perform other garden tasks. Weekdays only.
- Office Volunteers perform general office and clerical work. Weekdays only.
- Special Event Volunteers help staff with meetings and special events.
- Special Project Volunteers are often needed on short notice for help with large mailings and with special projects.
Current Volunteers, log in here.
Interested in becoming a Lotusland Volunteer?
Please complete the form at the bottom of this page, or e-mail Kitty Thomassin, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. After reviewing your application, you will be asked to interview in person with the Volunteer Coordinator.