Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team, while working in a beautiful setting? Ganna Walska Lotusland, world-renowned as a Top Ten Garden, seeks qualified and passionate candidates to join our team!
This is a Full-time (40 hours/week) position starting 7/26/2021. The hourly rate is $18. Your workweek is 5 days a week with occasional work on weekends.
Benefits include health insurance, vacation and sick leave as well as a 403(b) Retirement Plan.
You will work as a member of an experienced horticultural staff responsible for the care and maintenance of a 37-acre botanical display garden. Our plant collections include bromeliads, cacti, succulents, cycads, palm, ferns and water plants.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and three references to HR@lotusland.org. Please, no phone calls
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plant, transplant, water, prune, weed to maintain standards of a public garden.
- Perform fertilizing, pest control and soil improvement measures as per directions.
- Operate motor vehicles and garden equipment as appropriate to the position.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Be safe. Follow the sustainable practices as taught.
- Record keeping as directed.
- Organize and work with volunteers and interns.
- Work independently and with other garden staff on crew projects.
- Miscellaneous other job-related duties as assigned.
- 1 year of related experience
Essential Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Knowledge of horticulture methods and materials, landscaping and cultivation, in particular sustainable horticulture.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to perform grounds maintenance tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lb. and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Must possess valid California Driver’s License and reliable transportation, as Lotusland is not accessible by public transportation.
Lotusland will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Lotusland is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and three references to HR@lotusland.org. Please, no phone calls.