RESERVATION VISITOR SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team, while working in a beautiful setting? Ganna Walska Lotusland, a non-profit, botanical garden in Montecito, California, renowned as a “top ten” garden of the world, seeks qualified, passionate candidates to join our team.
This individual will work with Director of Guest Experience and Member Services to assist in the duties of the reservation department. The goal is to deliver World Class Customer Service, promote membership enrollment, creating a unique experience for our members and visitors, which makes them want to return. Should be a positive, loyal and a proud ambassador of the Ganna Walska Lotusland brand.
• Exceed customers’ expectations by delivering service in a professional, knowledgeable and courteous manner.
• Remain calm, patient and polite when receiving customer feedback.
• Must be confident, self-motivated and demonstrate a passionate commitment to Lotusland.
• Friendly, professional, honest, reliable and trustworthy.
• Good working relationships with everyone you come in contact with at work and in the garden, behaving in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
• Exhibit a positive attitude to coworkers, co-operating closely with team members and other departments to ensure that Lotusland service is extraordinary.
• You are required to deal efficiently and politely with all telephone, email, internet and “in person” inquiries.
• Proactively solve any concern or complaint, using LEAP – (Listen, Empathize, Acknowledge and Provide Solutions) approach.
• Ensure that all reservations are recorded following established procedures with full and clear information and that they are input accurately and promptly into the system.
• Maximize revenue by converting inquiries, recognizing business prospects and taking every opportunity to practice the Moves Management goals.
• Ensure that all your work meets company standards and is in accord with training given.
• All transaction paperwork must be accurate and complete, including payment details.
• Undertake general administration duties as assigned.
• Observe Lotusland’s rules and procedures.
• Assist with Lotusland events and Visitor Services when needed.
• Attend training sessions and team meetings as required and to be actively involved.
Essential Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• The successful candidate must be computer literate with experience in RMS system, Word and Excel. (minimum 2 years)
• Ability to handle high call volume.
• Must have exceptional customer service skills (minimum 2 years)
• Ability to work in a shared workspace.
• Ability to interact in a cooperative manner with staff.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Customer Service training or equivalent experience.
• General office environment within the garden setting of Lotusland.
• Occasional work outside during events and during set-up/tear-down for events.
• Frequent work with computers (repetitive movement – typing).
• Frequent standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs and bending with occasional lifting of light to moderately heavy loads (25 lbs).
To apply, please send resume and two professional references to Ruth Mesnik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Part-time
Lotusland will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Lotusland is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls, please!