Title: Reservations Associate
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt. Seasonal with possibility to become permanent
Department: Visitor Services and Public Programs
Reports To: Reservations Manager
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5pm, with 30 minute lunch
Position Summary: The Reservations Associate supports members and the general public in making tour reservations at Lotusland. The Reservations Associate represents Lotusland on the telephone and in written communications. The department goal is to maximize bookings by delivering friendly and efficient daily reservation services by following established procedures with attention to detail. By creating a pleasant experience for our guests, the Reservations Associate will ensure their desire to return and engage more deeply in the mission of Lotusland. The right person will be positive, dependable and a proud ambassador of the Ganna Walska Lotusland brand.
The Reservations Associate is capable of educating guests on our standard tour policies, as well as membership, and event promotion. The Reservations Associate interacts with guests via e-mail and phone, and is cross trained to support Reception and Kiosk.
- Exceeds customer’s expectations by delivering exceptional service in a professional knowledgeable and courteous manner.
- Interacts with guests to provide accurate information, answer questions and actively support their interaction with Lotusland.
- Maintains detailed reservation data, payments, correspondence and tracking.
- Maintains, audits, and files daily reservation records including the daily processing of credit card charges; additionally, supports new online ticketing program.
- Answers telephones, emails, and letters and web questions in a timely manner.
- Proactively solves any concern or complaint to provide a solution.
- Maintains sensitivity and confidentiality regarding guests,
- Communicates directly with Visitor Services department and Kiosk staff to ensure an efficient flow of information.
- Actively seeks and suggests improvements for the Reservation process.
- Organizes and maintains call sheets
- Perform general administrative support as needed for the Visitor Services department and able to fill-in temporarily for other team members in the department.
- Confident, self-motivated and demonstrate a passionate commitment to Lotusland.
- Attend training sessions and team meetings as required and to be involved and contribute with these.
Essential Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- The successful candidate must be computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Experience with a ticketing or reservations system is preferred. SalesForce experience is a plus. Willingness to learn new programs is essential.
- Ability to handle high call and e-mail volume.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive client information.
- Reliability and willing to work seasonally for special events is important.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a shared workspace and to interact in a cooperative manner with staff and volunteers.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and pass a background check.
- Highly proficient in the English language in person and by phone.
- High School diploma or GED
- Customer Service Training or equivalent experience
- General office environment within the garden setting of Lotusland.
- Being outdoors, in the gardens, subject to weather, dust, dirt and plant allergens.
- Constant engagement with the general public, staff, and volunteers by phone and in-person.
- Frequent work with computers (repetitive movement – typing).
- Frequent standing, sitting, extended walking, climbing stairs and bending with occasional lifting of light to moderately heavy loads (25 lbs).
The Reservations Associate must be able to perform each requirement of the position as outlined in the job description. Essential Requirements are representative and are essential for satisfactory job performance. The Work Environment characteristics are representative of those that may be encountered while on the job.
Lotusland will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Lotusland is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send (3) items: Your resume, a cover letter and three references to: HR@lotusland.org.
No phone calls, please.
Lotusland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.