Ganna Walska Lotusland
|Title:||Information Technology Support Specialist|
|Classification:||Part-Time (20-hour work week), Non-exempt|
|Reports to:||Director of Operations|
Are you an independent and quick thinker with technology who loves to learn and grow?
If you are, then Lotusland is the work environment for you! Your job is to be responsible for keeping Lotusland’s technology resources running smoothly. This position is part-time with evening and weekend work as required.
We are looking for someone who has incredible communication skills and who can support our staff with various technology needs.
You will oversee our information technology resources and provide technical support to staff. This is a junior technology position and will be responsible for assisting staff with tech support needs as well as being proactive to keep our network/systems running smoothly. You will be the primary contact for all of our technology vendors.
- Computer maintenance and security: liaison with external technical support vendors, maintain software licenses, and assist with hardware/software issues.
- Responsible for managing our Office 365 environment, including creating and archiving users as required.
- Responsible for all technology hardware and software systems as well as assisting to develop web-based communications and programs.
- Responsible for ordering technology supplies and monitoring inventory to have backup items on hand.
- Proficient with using a technical support help desk (Spiceworks preferred).
- Proficient in active directory and managing users with various permission levels.
- Understanding of Windows Server technologies.
- Compile and track Lotusland’s technology budget.
- Organize and maintains Lotusland’s technology contracts.
- Implement policies for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of digital records.
- Contribute to team effort by conducting staff trainings on various technology resources.
Information Technology Support Specialist Qualifications / Skills:
- Have excellent communication skills for in-person meeting as well as writing.
- Ability to perform well in stressful situations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and requests at once.
- Ability to self-manage time with multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to organize technology tasks in regards to those that can be handled internally and those that require support from a senior engineer.
- Organizational and planning skills, able to establish and enforce technology policies & procedures
- Understanding of networking technologies including DHCP, VLANs, DNS, and basic switch configuration.
- Understanding of remote work options (VPN, RDP, etc.).
- Understanding of Office 365 and management of users.
- Understanding of networked printers and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of CRM platforms (Salesforce, Blackbaud, etc.).
- Understanding of multifactor authentication and enforcing on platforms.
- Proficient in prioritizing needs and keeping constant communication as priorities change.
Education, Experience, and Requirements:
- Associate Science or higher in Computer Information Systems / Computer Science or two years related work experience.
- Strong software experience with business applications and ability to learn new software as needed.
- Maintain good relationships with staff and management and be able to communicate in writing.
- Must have good decision-making skills to recommend procedural changes, in order to achieve goals established by senior management.
- Additional Responsibilities as assigned
To apply, send (3) items: Your resume, a cover letter and three references to: HR@lotusland.org.
No phone calls please.
Lotusland is an equal opportunity employer.
Please check out our website @ www.lotusland.org. We look forward to welcoming you for a visit!