Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team, while working in a beautiful setting? Ganna Walska Lotusland, renowned as a “top ten” garden of the world, seeks qualified, passionate candidates to join our team.
Work as a member of an experienced horticultural staff responsible for all aspects of the care and maintenance of a 37-acre botanical display garden. Plant collections include bromeliads, cacti, and other succulents, cycads, palm, ferns and water plants.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plants, transplants, waters, prune and weeding to maintain standards of a public garden.
• Operates motor vehicles and garden equipment as appropriate to the position.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies, promotes continuous
improvement of workplace safety and sustainable practices.
• Organize and work with volunteers and interns.
• Works independently and with other garden staff on crew projects.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience/Education Required:
• High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities
Essential Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• Knowledge of horticulture methods and materials, landscaping and cultivation of trees and woody plants.
• Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
• Ability to perform grounds maintenance tasks.
• Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
• Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
• Must possess valid California Driver’s License and reliable transportation as Lotusland is not accessible by
To apply, please send resume and two professional references to Ruth Mesnik at firstname.lastname@example.org, No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Lotusland will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Lotusland is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls, please!