Ganna Walska Lotusland, a beautiful non-profit botanical garden in Montecito, California, seeks qualified candidates to serve as a valued member of our growing development department.
The Database Coordinator and Analyst must have experience managing and using Donor Perfect Online or similar fundraising software. In conjunction with the Developments Event Team this role provides administrative and day-of-event support for Lotusland’s development fundraising, friend-raising, donor recognition, cultivation and stewardship campaigns, activities and events.
- Manage the donor database in a manner that ensures protocols for entering and maintaining information are followed.
- Create a written User Manual of policies and procedures from entry to reports, including current lists of flags, appeals, funds, other codes, etc.
- Help with the mapping and conversion of data in the event of a transition to a new donor database.
- Maintain database of donors, prospects, and other relevant populations regarding gifts and pledges, correspondence, biographical information, research, and relationships, with the goal of providing current, consistent and accurate data.
- Run statistical, financial, and constituent reports responsive to the needs of staff.
- Assist in preparing lists (mailing, prospect, etc.) as needed by staff, board, and volunteers.
- Maintain non-donor constituent lists in the database, including government officials, estate attorneys/professionals, and media.
- Serve as the liaison for donor database software provider (s), any external database support companies, and work closely with HR, Development Manager, and the external IT consultant to ensure currency of database needs.
- Gift Processing
- Daily entry, tracking, coding and processing into Donor Perfect Online of all contributions including: general donations, gifts of securities, grants, memorials/tributes, in-kind gifts, special campaign gifts, event tickets, and Lotus Society (gifts to endowment) contributions.
- Track and generate pledge payment reminders, pledge payments and other donor communications, as needed.
- Track and process corporate matching grants.
- Create letters and coordinate timely donation acknowledgments for all donations.
- Manage credit card processing.
- Preparation of daily donation reports
- Monthly data reconciliation between DPO and accounting software in collaboration with Lotusland’s bookkeeper and Director of Finance.
- Quarterly compilation and editing of Lotusland Newsletter donor listings.
- Generation and editing of donor acknowledgement letters and listings.Communicate with individual and foundation donors to support gift designation and processing.
- Event Related Support
- Prepare queries and invitation lists for multiple events and related mailings.
- Enter attendance of events in donor records
- Process all sponsorships and ticket sales for events.
- Generation and editing of event sponsor recognition and listings.
- Enter and monitor event and related activities and actions in DPO
- Administrative Support and other duties
- General data input and address updates with routine NCOA data
- Enter and export visitor and donor emails for digital appeals and invitations, e-newsletters, and social media.
- Attend department and committee meetings as needed.
- Corresponds in a professional and warm fashion with donors, volunteers, and board members.
- Other duties, as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
The successful candidate must have strong records/documents management skills and advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and database software. Must be extremely detail-oriented and ability to establish priorities and work efficiently with minimum supervision. Must have the ability to work concurrently on diverse projects under pressure and to maintain high standards for accuracy, productivity and confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, and in developing reports using Donor Perfect (preferable) or similar database software.
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must exhibit professional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact in a cooperative manner with member, staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation as Lotusland is not accessible by public transportation. Occasional driving of an electric cart inside Lotusland is required.
- Associates degree or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of nonprofit database experience required
Lotusland’s administrative offices are located in a historic two-story estate located in a 37-acre garden. Must be comfortable in an office environment within the garden setting of Lotusland.Requires working outside at times.
Frequent work on the telephone and computer (repetitive movement – typing)
Frequent standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs and bending with occasional lifting of light to moderate loads (25 lbs.)
Lotusland will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Lotusland is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: 20/hr. DOE
To apply please send cover letter and resume to Ruth Mesnik at email@example.com.
No phone calls, please!